April 26, 2016

Reflections

Last weekend was one of the most interesting times during my studies. Intensive course "Mental Health and Wellbeing - focus on homeless and underprivileged populations" has varied and interesting reviews from exclusion.
I think that most of  Finnish people are well-being. Sakari Kainulainen told last Saturday, that 20 % of people live out of the normal system in Finland. Finnish people can live a normal and a good life and then something happens and all of the things change. It can happen to anyone. Päivi Rissanen told how she got ill and got mental health problems. She told that she met dozens of nurses and doctors. Nobody could help her. Then one day she met a nurse who wanted to help and asked the right questions. Kainulainen thought that professionals who work at social service or health service have to wake up people and help them change their course in life. "Likewise" thought Rissanen, then she told how important the relationship between a service user and a worker is.
I think about myself and my work. The way how I meet my clients is very important; how I build up the trust and the connection between me and the client. We all need other people. Sometimes we all need help from other people and to help them in return.
Who am I:
Tiina Kutvonen
33 years old
Student on The Master's Degree Programme
Diaconia University of Applied Sciences

No comments:

Post a Comment